Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Sonntag, 5. Oktober 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - 3


For Today...

Outside my Window...it is still dark night. (it is 2:30h)

I am thinking...about the market later this day. We are going to sell cakes to raise money for our school. Should be fun and I hope that it won't be raining!

I am thankful for...for my optimism. :-) I had a few difficult days dealing with old and forgotten pains. I cried a lot, letting go of old tears. It felt very good, yet also painful. I hope that clearing old things creates an opportunity for better new things (I am trying to be patient).

From the kitchen...loads of apples these days. They will turn into cake, sauce, stew, ...

I am wearing...somthing comfy of course. But also thick woolen socks. It is getting cold now.

I am reading...about Nonviolent Communication by Rosenberg and pages in a book by Anselm Grün, also German letters (a collection of old letters from famous German people such as Goethe, Van Beethoven, Schumann, and many others.)

I am hoping...to receive the Julie Fowlis CD that I ordered very soon! I find her very inspirational.

I am hearing...only music that I am playing. The rest of the house is silent.

Around the house...I am feeling very much at home now. I am planning to turn this flat into a cosy, cottagy kind of place - bit by bit.

One of my favorite things...warm tea, candles and the smell of the season. Autumn used to be my favourite time of the year when I was a child.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...well, this week is over. Next week I have a few things to do, including getting my car checked. Apart from that I want to continue focusing on my personal things such as practicing music, writing, translating, reading, etc.

A picture I'd like to share with you...

...I wanted to catch them playing, but they both decided that they didn't want to be photographed whilst I was pressing the button - funny faces :-p

3 Kommentare:

  1. Dearest Isla,

    I enjoy these postings... perhaps I will integrate them into my blog?

    One question I have for you: what on earth am to understand as a stew with apples?

    Andrea @ Blog Dich Frei

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Don't you know stewed apples? (Apfelmus) :-D

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Please feel free to integrate things with your blog. ;-)

    AntwortenLöschen