Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Samstag, 26. September 2009

Of Wool And Birds


Whilst I am knitting he passes my wool-box and picks up a ball of wool which seemed to have caught his eye.
For a moment he turns it in his hands, thoughtfully. Feeling the softness, looking at the shape of the ball, imagination asking: 'What could this be?' 'What can I make out of this?'
He turns around and states: "Mama, this is a great tit (Kohlmeise)! It needs wings."
Thinking hard he comes up with the idea that my needles could be wings and eagerly he tries out.
But he's not content. Needles don't look OR flap like wings.
I find a scrap of black felt in the box and cut him a piece that remotely looks like wings. A tail follows. And...what about those buttons for eyes?
My little boy is excited and satisfied, and his small hands are carefully working and turning an old wool ball into a bird.
He smiles as we are sticking on the paper beak.

Off you fly! :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen