Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Mittwoch, 7. Oktober 2009

Isla's Daybook


For today...a beautiful warm autumn day

Outside my Window...it is raining now. It is also dark as it is late in the evening.

I am thinking...it is time for a new Daybook-post. :-P Once a month, I promised. But I almost forgot.
I am also thinking about how life always seems to bring the things I need in order to grow as a person, to gain valuable experience and to broaden my horizon. Yes, sometimes situations seem hard and difficult at first. I struggle, I pity myself, I want to give up. But somehow when I change my perspective and try to learn something even from the bad situations I can move forwards. Sometimes in a great leap. Sometimes slowly but surely. That gives me faith. I feel that life is challenging me. And if we accept the challenges instead of fighting against them we can truly grow and succeed.

I am thankful for...the strength of my oldest daughter, the thoughtfulness of my son and the humour and wit of my little one!

From the kitchen...what shall I say...? There's a washing-up pile waiting for me, pears that want to be turned into compote, and apple's that will soon be puree. :-) My dehydrater is humming away and I am looking forward to those dried pear and apple pieces!

I am wearing...cordoroy trousers and an orange long-sleeve shirt.

I am reading...The Three Investigators and The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule. Very nice book! I recommend everyone to read it.

I am hearing...the rain, and Lisa watching 'All creatures great and small'. It has become our nightly ritual to watch at least on episode whilst drinking a mug of tea (and me knitting).

One of my favorite things...Walnut-Marzipan-loaf. Soooo yummy!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Month...
well, maybe I shouldn't be too ambitious. Most of last month's plans didn't work out.
I still don't have a bike and my car got sold...I hardly wrote and I didn't finish my BabyBorn-knitting. At least I practiced some new songs and got new strings for my fiddle. :-)
This month I'll keep it simple. My plan is to go day by day, enjoy my children, be creative and get done what I can get done.

A picture I'd like to share with you...

* We built a little house for the gnomes. That was fun! *

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen