Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2010

Isla's Daybook


Outside my Window...searing summer sun and deep blue sky...wow, it is hot here these days. We could imagine we are on holiday in a southern country...maybe Spain...or south of France. :-P

I am thinking...about my daughter who is with her Dad for a couple of weeks in Berlin. Have to give her a ring later and send off that letter to her. I'm also thinking about those forms I have to fill in for University...lot's of work to do...

I am thankful for...
some of the blogs I came across recently. The internet can be an amazing source of inspiration! So goood, so helpful, so motivating!

From the kitchen...as I am having a raw food flash back (I was a raw foodist and vegan in the past) there is not much going on in the kitchen these days, except for cutting fruit and veg, blending a smoothie or making almond milk. I DO cook for the kids, of course. But even they are not very hungry in this heat...

I am wearing...jeans, t-shirt and bare feet :-)

I am reading...some books that have been lying around unfinished. The kids and I have started to read a (simple) version of Robinson Crusoe and we also are into the Famous Five right now. Adventures are great!

I am hearing...my kids playing and the birds wisteling outside. There is also a constant sound of the road works not far from here. And...I am listening to an audio play. :-)

One of my favorite things...freshly brewed coffee, sweet cherries, chilled cucumber-soup, melons and some strawberries. Hmmmmm...

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Month...
sorting out our financial situation, looking into fabric and yarn sources, starting spinning the wool I ordered, enjoying summer and looking out for some adventures! :-)

Have a lovely summer everyone!

2 Kommentare:

  1. Hallo Isla! Schön, dass du jetzt wieder mehr bloggst. Ich hab jetzt auch endlich mal angefangen und bin mal gespannt wohin die Reise führt...
    Liebe (GU)Grüße,
    von Sophie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hallo Sophie! Schön, dass du hier mitliest. :-)
    Ich wünsch Dir ganz viel Spaß mit deinem eigenen Blog. Ich hab schon reingeschaut und es gefällt mir! Ich mag deinen Schreibstil. :-)
    Alles Liebe,
    Isla

    AntwortenLöschen