Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2011

Isla's Daybook


Outside my Window...there is a mild summer night, pobably with an overcast sky. It is late, I am tired from a very busy day and am off to bed in a minute.

I am thinking... about the past a lot. I found a book in which I noted down my goals, ideas, wishes and ambitions a few years ago. I was surprised that I had forgotten about some of the things I really wanted to do. Also, I was glad to realize that a few things I wanted to achieve are actually reality for me now and that drawing out a written plan really helps getting focused. It is wonderful that I can pick up this book and remind myself of the me of a few years ago. I can find out in which areas I have changed, how I have moved forwards and also in which areas of my life I seem to be stuck and haven't progressed at all.
Reading in this book has provided me with new inspiration and motivation - it's great!

I am thankful for... the strength and patience I have these days. I hope it will continue this smoothly during next week as we will have a disabled little boy living with us for 8 days. I am looking forward to having him here - but it will be a challenge for me, no doubt.

From the kitchen... the red currents in my garden are ripe and I would really love to turn them into jam and sirup. Sounds good doesn't it?

I am wearing... T-shirt and pyjama bottoms, as I am ready for bed. *yawn*

I am reading... I just re-read 'Pocketful of pinecones' by Karen Andreola; I have started an auto-biography by Agatha Christy and am still reading one of James Herriot's books.

I am hearing... the cat running around in the flat - I wonder what she is lookin for? Some spiders to hunt? A moth to catch?

One of my favorite things...
watching 'die Märchenbraut' with the kids, open-air swimmingpool fun, cherry ice-cream, my garden, having the kids at home, receiving lovely postcards. :-)


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Month...

- starting the Shalom Cardigan with handspun wool
- sewing more bags

A picture I'd like to share with you...

...come rain or shine we are out an about discovering the world around us... ;-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen