Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Songbirds ... a family blogs!

Freitag, 28. Juni 2013

100% organic?

Photo by: Eileen Delhi

Lately I am thinking a lot about the food we buy and how we could live more resourceful and 'earth-friendly'.
I had a few very intersting and informative chats with friends who know a lot about this subject - well, a lot more than I do - and it was quite eye-opening but also frightening in a way.  I didn't realize just how many chemicals are being used in conventional agriculture and what kind of effects they have on our health.  Organic produce makes up most of my family's daily food intake, but not all of it.  And sometimes it is difficult to afford organic, especially in the winter-time when everything is more expensive.
I do my best to grow some veggies in my garden.  But that's just a small amount, really.  Not enough to sustain us, just an addition. 

Whilst reading the magazine 'kontinente' I stumbled across a small article about the state Bhutan, saying that they are striving to be the world's first 100% organic country.  I hope they can set a good example to inspire others to follow them.
green futures magazine
Bhutan erhebt Bio zum Staatsziel

What do you think?  Is it possible to become 100% organic?
Do you buy organic - or do you think it is too costly?

1 Kommentar:

  1. Grüner geht's gar nicht :-) Danke für den schönen Beitrag!

    Ich denke auch immer wieder darüber nach und versuche mein Bestes für die Familie und die Umwelt. Es gibt mittlerweile so viele Aspekte des nachhaltigen Konsums, die kaum durchschaubar sind. Aber der gute Wille ist schon mal viel Wert, finde ich.

    Es gibt mittlerweile auch viele interessante Filme und Dokus zu dem Thema.

    Ich wünsche Dir einen guten Start in die Woche! Herzliche Grüße!

    AntwortenLöschen